Comprehensive Evaluation System
How we evaluate
Evaluation System at LPU is highly transparent and is aimed at bringing out the best performance of students.
As per the evaluation system presently in force, students are generally evaluated on the basis of two components; End-Term Examination and Continuous Assessment with weightage of 70-80% and 20-30% respectively.
End-term Examinations are conducted at the end of each term, i.e. once in a year for annual programmes and twice a year for semester based programmes. The question papers consist of descriptive as well as analytical questions.
Instructions and Procedures
- End-Term Examination shall be conducted at the end of every term/ year at the Examination Centres as prescribed by the university.
- The Examination schedule shall be made available through the LPU e-Connect and/ or through the Notice Board at the University Campus.
- While appearing for Examinations, students are required to carry their Identity Card and Admit Card of the relevant term/ year and produce it when asked for; otherwise they will not be allowed to appear in the Examination.
- If a student fails to clear any course, he shall be required to re-appear for the same by paying fee as prescribed by the university from time to time.
- Separate fee for theory and practical, as prescribed by the university from time to time, needs to be paid for Re-appear Examination.
- A student may apply for re-evaluation of a course by paying fee within the specified timeline as prescribed by the university.
- Students are required to complete all the courses within the maximum duration specified for a programme. A student can re-appear for any course as many times as the Reappear Examinations are conducted within the specified maximum duration of that programme by paying stipulated fee.
- Results of End-Term and Reappear Examination shall be announced online through LPU e-Connect. No separate intimation to individual student will be made in this regard.
- In case of re-appear, if there is any change in the curriculum or in case of withdrawal of course or otherwise, the student will be required to reappear for exam according to the new curriculum or scheme as the case may be.